Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience. Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity.
Colossians 3:12-14


Friday, April 1, 2011

Lots of changing....

Change #1-Since my last post, we found out that we will be spending the next 3 years in Kalamazoo, Michigan! We feel blessed to have matched somewhere, and excited for what the Lord has in store for us, but also very sad to leave Des Moines! I know what we have here is incredible and will be hard to find! Change #2-So, since we found out we matched, we have gone to Michigan house hunting b/c clearly we need a place to live. My mom and Molly(my sister) were kind enough to keep our children while Dan and I looked at approximatly 40 homes! It was an interesting couple of days, but I think we have one, not official yet, but we are hopeful that it will be soon! Change #3-We might become landlords! I am trying to be excited about this one, but it is not by choice! Our home has been on the market for a little over 6 months, but as many of you know, the market isn't great! soooo, that means we will be renting out our "first home" which I am secretly excited about b/c I think it will give me a chance to get back to Des Moines more, plus as tiny and crazy as this place is, Dan and I had a lot of "firsts" here! It will be kind of sad to sell it! Pray for good tenants please! Change #4-This is a constant change...our children, it is so amazing to me how fast this happens, and unlike most changes, you often times don't even see it happening! For me, it often times takes me going back and looking at pictures to see how big and fast these changes occur! Here are a couple of pics Landry and the girls in February, and Landry and the girls from November...only 4 months! If you are a mom out there you know how much of a bittersweet feeling this is, so happy for the next step, but so sad to leave the last one! Children are such an incredible blessing, It amazes me everyday how wonderful motherhood is!



No comments:

Post a Comment